Photos show damage caused in bungalow blaze
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Photos have revealed the damage caused to a bungalow in a fire which at its peak saw more than 20 firefighters battle to bring it under control.
The occupants managed to escape and while one man was taken to hospital, he is understood to have now been discharged.
Crews remained on scene overnight, and on Sunday morning the damage to the house was clear, with the roof destroyed.
On Saturday night, station manager Matthew Postle said: "Firefighters got straight to work and worked really hard to stop the fire from spreading to neighbouring properties.
Two people were in the property when the fire began.
"They became aware of the fire almost right away and were able to escape and call 999."
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker