Photos: Rush-hour traffic brought to a standstill in Norwich’s Tombland - by a swan
- Credit: Archant
A swan got motorists in Norwich in a flap this morning when it wandered into the middle of the road.
The elegant creature was believed to have escaped from the grounds of Norwich Cathedral when it was spotted in Tombland, not quite taking to the road like a duck to water.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said officers attended and helped get it back from where it came.
The spokesman said: 'We were called to Tombland this morning at about 8.20am following a call from a member of the public who reported a swan in the middle of the road.
'It appeared to have escaped from the grounds of the cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers attended and the swan was helped safely back to the cathedral grounds.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit