PHOTOS: Fun runners enter the spirit in fancy dress at annual Felthorpe race
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2014
A herd of reindeer was spotted racing around Felthorpe - but they were not running late with Santa's Christmas deliveries.
The 13th annual Felthorpe Hare and Hounds race saw over 100 competitors divide into teams and take on an eight-mile course over rough terrain and through streams in their most inventive fancy dress.
The reindeers were joined by cavemen, tennis players, the cast of Alice in Wonderland and The Incredible Hulk on Boxing Day to raise money for Norfolk charities.
Organised by Neil Featherstone, who sets the course on the day, the race raised £1,330 to be split between Hillside Animal Sanctuary at Frettenham, Shamans Legacy dog rescue near Kings Lynn, The Northern Inuit Rescue Society, The Felthorpe Village Hall and Playgroup and The Big C.
Mr Featherby, who owns Sportlink Specialist Sports in Taverham, said: 'Everyone had a tremendous amount of fun. A lot of people did it for the first time as well. It's not really a race, it's 100pc fun to blow off the cobwebs on Boxing Day.
You may also want to watch:
'I had some great people helping me organise it, particularly Glen Dunham from the City of Norwich Athletics Club who has done every race with me, and Gary Cooper from Norwich Road Runners who paid for all the trophies and medals out of his own pocket.'
The award for the best fancy dressed team went to 'Santa's Little Helpers' who were dressed as reindeer, the 'Bure Valley Hounds' came second and 'We're all mad here' dressed as characters from Alice in Wonderland came third.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
Are you organising a charity event? Email email@example.com