Photographer Janice Alamanou earns place in British Institute of Professional Photography’s national awards shortlist
- Credit: Archant
These stunning and unusual pictures show scenes of the north Norfolk coast as many will have never seen before.
They have earned Wells photographer Janice Alamanou a place on the shortlist for the British Institute of Professional Photography's National Awards.
'It is for my portfolio 'The White Collection', which features black on white panoramics of Norfolk,' explains Ms Alamanou, who received the International Modern Art Award 2015 for her photograph 'Genesis Elements – Water'.
The panoramic photograph named 'Pinewoods', among The White Collection, won a Silver Award in the BIPP South East Region Awards in October.
The Ceremony is on March 1.
Brought up on the wind-swept shores of the north Norfolk coast it is no surprise that Ms Alamanou's photography is inspired by the elements.
Nature and environment stands alone or blends with her love of people, the human form and portraiture, creating unique beautiful images that now exhibit worldwide.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
Ms Alamanou is a self-taught photographer, having photographed from a very early age, qualified through her work with the BIPP and has awards for her photography from them as well as other awards including winning the Moscow International Foto Awards every year since 2014.