PHOTO UPDATE: Aylsham man’s delight at winning Norwich Beer Festival logo contest
The winning logo to be used at the 2012 Norwich beer festival has been unveiled - and it incorporates the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in its design.
Anthony Miles's topical design of a dragon on a diamond will be used to promote the 35th Norwich and Norfolk Campaign For Real Ale beer festival on its usual range of merchandise of glasses and t-shirts.
Mr Miles, 44, from Holly Walk, Aylsham, said: 'This was the first time I entered the competition so I was surprised to win. It had to be a design reflecting the Queen's Jubilee.'
The aviation engineer is a member of the festival's organising committee, but none of the judges were informed beforehand in case there was any cry of favouritism.
Festival organiser Martin Ward said: 'As usual we had many fine entries from all ages, including several newcomers who pitted their designs against our competition regulars.
'With a large number of entries, the judging process was again lengthy and difficult with many logo designs having significant merit. After due deliberation, a final short list of two designs was selected, with one particular design really standing out from the others.'
This year's beer festival runs from Monday October 29 to Saturday November 3 at its usual venue of St Andrews and Blackfriars halls, Norwich.
- 1 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 2 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 3 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 4 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 5 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 6 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 7 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 8 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 9 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 10 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
? For further information about the beer festival, visit www.norwichcamra.org.uk/festival