PHOTO GALLEY: Teams battle it out at raft race and tug of war competition at Cromer
A crowd of amused on-lookers watched teams battle it out today (Sunday) in a race to build and sail a raft at Cromer's seafront.
Organised by the town's carnival committee, the raft race is one of the many exciting events taking place to get tourists and residents into the festival spirit.
Organiser Phillip 'biscuit' Overall said this was the fourth year the event had run.
'It's all about being able to make something and try it out at the sea - and that's half the fun,' he said.
'We try and incorporate everyone's interests all the way through the carnival and make sure there is something for everyone.'
You may also want to watch:
Teams of no more than four had to build a raft, paddle it around two buoys and make their way back to shore in the quickest time possible to win.
Mr Overall added: 'We all work as a team to put these events together.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 9 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
As well as raft racing, teams of eight were also asked to take part in a tug of war competition at the bottom of the gangway on the east beach.
West Runton Brownies supplied the materials for the raft construction and the event was sponsored by Victoria Marquees.
Image copyright of Adrian Judd Photography � 2012.