Photo gallery: Youngsters from Ormiston Denes Academy impress with impromptu Flash Dance in Lowestoft town centre
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
It was a busy Saturday lunchtime, with shoppers out and about in Lowestoft town centre.
But while the hive of bustling shoppers in the main street area were battling against the blustery conditions, their attentions were soon overtaken by a impromptu Flash Dance – as more than 20 youngsters strutted their stuff.
Inspired by the 2009 T Mobile Flash Dance advertisement, students from Lowestoft showcased an all-singing, all-dancing American hit show that has enjoyed worldwide success.
The youngsters from Ormiston Denes Academy mingled with passers-by, before launching into two songs – What Time Is It? and All For One – in the town centre as they presented part of their own production of Walt Disney's High School Musical 2.
Cast members at Ormiston Denes Academy have been busy rehearsing since September for three performances of the show, which turns the spotlight on the fun and drama at East High School as its junior school year draws to a close.
You may also want to watch:
And with audiences promised an action-packed evening of entertainment, the students – ranging from years seven to 11 – showed off their dancing and singing skills as they promoted their forthcoming show with two impromptu Flash Dances in London Road North this afternoon.
Ormiston Denes' head of drama, Laura Catchpole, said: 'I am really pleased as they were excellent. A few of them were really, really up for it, others were more nervous but they were all amazing.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 8 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 9 Homes evacuated in village after man threatens criminal damage
- 10 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
'It is really hard to project in this wind, but they were all great and it has been a really nice atmosphere with lots of people taking fliers ahead of the show.'
? High School Musical 2 will be performed at Ormiston Denes Academy in Yarmouth Road, Lowestoft, at 7pm on Tuesday, February 25, Wednesday, February 26, and Thursday, February 27.
Tickets are £5 for adults and £3 concessions and are available online at: www.ormistondenesacademy.ticketsource.co.uk