Photo Gallery: Wisbech scout group holds successful first year birthday celebration
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech scouting group marked its first birthday with an awards ceremony celebrating the achievement and enthusiasm of its members.
The 2nd Wisbech Orchards group held a disco and ceremony to say thankyou to those who have helped and also to praise youngsters for their efforts and achievements.
A Scout Proud award was given for being proud to wear the Knecker and shout about scouting in every way. Receiving an award for being Scout Proud were Tyler Winsor, Radek Swi'derek and Kiera Winsor.
They were given a world badge and thanked for helping the group to grow in every way.
A Living the Promise award was given for showing true dedication and outstanding conduct throughout the year. Receiving the prestigious Living the Promise award was Megan Norman who was thanked for developing in the scouts over and above what was expected.
You may also want to watch:
All the 2nd Wisbech Orchards Scout Group leaders and parent helpers were praised for their efforts in setting up the year old successful group.
Nathan Cant, group scout leader for 2nd Wisbech Orchards said: 'We launched with a full cub section with waiting list and a partially full Beaver Selection, along with a team of four leaders.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
'We now have a team of eight voluntary leaders, an active committee of twelve adults a full cub section, new and growing scout section that already has 14 members on the books and we're still growing.
'We really have achieved so much.'