PHOTO GALLERY: Weather does not dampen spirits at North Walsham’s third annual fun day
Residents shrugged off the rain and enjoyed North Walsham's annual fun day at the Memorial Park today (Sunday).
Now in its third year there were plenty of things for people do including admiring the vintage vehicles on display, watching an agility dog show, traditional carnival games and a variety of stalls.
Dave Robertson, co-organiser and member of the North Walsham Christmas Lights committee said although the event had seen nicer weather in previous years he was still positive about the day.
'Only two stall holders did not turn up and some of the arena events had to be cancelled,' he said.
'But it's been well attended in previous years and it raises the profile of the town and brings communities hopefully together.'
The event was organised by the committee and North Walsham and District Lions and proceeds from the day will be shared between the new Christmas lights fund and charity.
Mr Robertson added: 'People have rallied together and considering what the weather has been like we've done really well.'
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 3 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 4 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 5 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 6 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 7 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 10 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
Co-organiser of the popular dog agility show Virginia Carman, of Aspire Agility Norwich, said the weather had not damped their mood.
'We come every year and it's a special and very good day,' she said.
'It's quite a unique thing to have at a fun day but because most people love dogs it's a great thing to have.'
Other attractions at the event included classic cars, vintage tractors, an Aveling and Porter steam roller, a stage supplied by the East Coast Truckers Charity, a giant inflatable slide and a performance by singer Mark James.
? To view the online photo gallery of the event please click on the link in the top right-hand corner.