Photo gallery: Visitors enjoy opening day of Great Yarmouth’s Easter fair
- Credit: James Bass
Town hall bosses enjoyed a break from the office to officially open Great Yarmouth's Easter fair.
Mayor Colleen Walker - complete with robes and chain - was among the smiling councillors who enjoyed a go on the colourful rides when she climbed on to the carousel.
She was joined by Great Yarmouth Borough Council leader Trevor Wainwright and cabinet member for tourism Michael Jeal who put their driving skills to the test on the dodgems.
The fair rolled into town yesterday, setting up shop in the market place.
Since then it has pulled in a large crowd of visitors who have enjoyed the scores of whizzing rides, traditional games and bright attractions.
You may also want to watch:
The fair is in town until Sunday.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR