Photo gallery: “There are big moons at the moment but it is unusual for August” - high tides cover the streets and car park in Blakeney
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers, kayakers and paddlers were making the most of an unusually high tide at Blakeney Quay, with water covering the car park and road.
The annual fun fair delayed its opening until later in the day, with the dodgems unreachable through the water.
Lin Cripps was standing at the quayside today watching the tide with her husband Don, 68.
She said water had covered the road in the past few days with people paddling kayaks up the street.
'I don't think you ever get used to it, we still come down a and have a look at the tide because it is really lovely.'
You may also want to watch:
The tide often brings water up to the road, but usually in the spring.
Paul Bishop, of Bishop's Boats seal trips, said high tides attracted people to the quay.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
'There are big moons at the moment,' he said. 'But it is unusual for August.'
James Player, of Blakeney Holiday Cottages, said the high tides sometimes catches out holidaymakers who use the car park, returning to find their car covered in water.