Photo Gallery: The shortlisted 10 GoGoDragon! designs are revealed
- Credit: Supplied
From colourful creatures inspired by the myths and legends surrounding dragons to fire-breathing beasts celebrating our fine city – our design-a-dragon competition sparked a huge array of great entries from people of all ages.
Judges faced a difficult task choosing the finalists, but today we can reveal our top 10 in the competition that will see the winning design featured in the GoGoDragons! charity art trail through Norwich next year.
The winner will be announced later this week, and their prize will be to have their idea recreated on the Evening News and EDP-sponsored dragon by a professional artist.
The dragon will then take pride of place outside our Norwich office, Prospect House, throughout the GoGoDragons! trail next summer.
The trail will feature about 80 dragon sculptures and is being organised by children's charity Break and Wild in Art.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 5 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
• The Knight's Dragon by Chloe Gibson, 10, from Norwich.
• School Dragon by Elizabeth Cott, eight, from Mile Cross Primary School.
• Galloper by Karis Youngman, 20, from Tasburgh.
• Belonging by James Woodrow, 60, from Norwich.
• Edmund by Hazel Ashley, 76, from Wells.
• Nessie on a visit to Norwich by Eileen Burnett, 75, from Thorpe St Andrew.
• A castle-themed dragon by Callum Strainger, 15, from Norwich.
• The Magic Rainbow Dragon by Margaret Sewell, 62, from Bintree, near Dereham.
• St George by John Checketts, 75, from Wells.
• An I Love Norwich-themed dragon by 10-year-old Sasha Doggett from Mile Cross Primary School.