Photo Gallery: Swimmers enjoy the sunshine at Beccles Lido
Hot sunny weather on Monday and Tuesday has seen hundreds visit Beccles Lido.
The town's outdoor swimming pool enjoyed its best day of the season, and second best day ever yesterday as 963 swimmers enjoyed the conditions.
By 2pm today there were another 750 as Shaun Crowley, Beccles Lido Limited chief executive, hoped they would welcome more than 1,000 people in a day for the first time.
The hot weather combined with the start of the school holidays has come as a welcome boost to the community run pool, which was previously 20pc down for the year.
The pool, in Puddingmoor, started its second full season since being taken over by the community-run charity Beccles Lido Ltd, in similarly glorious conditions, but the lack of sunshine has seen numbers down.
Last year 30,000 visitors were welcomed to the pool and the group was awarded the Prime Minister's Big Society Award last year.
The pool is open from 7.30am until 6.30pm seven days a week, with late openings until 8pm on Thursdays and 7pm on Fridays.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
The season ends on Sunday, September 9.
•For a picture gallery from yesterday see the top right hand corner of the screen.