Photo gallery: Swash-buckling festival at Hedenham pub
IT was a swash-buckling adventure for a group of shipmates at a south Norfolk pub's Maritime Beer Festival last weekend.
The festival, hosted by The Mermaid Inn on Norwich Road at Hedenham, incorporated a free beer tasting and a 'meet the brewer' event with Woodforde's microbrewery, maritime and beer themed quizes and live music.
Beer lovers enjoyed more than 12 real ales on offer as well as a rum bar and pirate punch and people dressed-up in pirate and sailor fancy dress.
Co-landlady Leanne Freeman runs the pub with her daughter Jamie Kerr, and said the event was 'fabulous'.
She added: 'There was a great range of beers and all in all everyone had a good time. Everyone who came was quite surprised when they saw us all dressed up.'
You may also want to watch:
Donations were collected for Royal National Lifeboat Institution and the team managed to raise �60.
Mrs Freeman added: 'We are hoping to hopefully make this an annual event. Being new to the pub we want to put on events and let people know we are here for the long term.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets