Photo Gallery: Sophie Ellis-Bextor wows King’s Lynn at Festival Too
Crowds pack Tuesday Market Place for free concert
King's Lynn's Tuesday Market Place came alive to the sounds of Sophie Ellis-Bextor last night at Festival Too.
After a wet day the rain held off as she took to the stage in front of a packed Tuesday Market Place.
The singer has just released her fourth album, Make A Scene, and brought her own dance music style to the town centre where the free festival attracts thousands of fans.
She shot to prominence in 2000 when she collaborated with Italian DJ Spiller to release Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) and 11 years later has decided to launch her latest album on her own label – EBGBs.
You may also want to watch:
Last night's line-up also featured Sinead and the Dawnbreakers while tonight promises to be a bonanza, with both The Hoosiers and The Feeling taking to the stage.
Organisers are urging fans to arrive early – the music starts at 6.30pm with Jessie's Ghost, Parade and Wonderland also on the bill.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
Pedestrian entry to the Tuesday Market Place will only be allowed via the High Street or King Street with other access roads closed off.