PHOTO GALLERY: Sheringham carnival queen and attendants announced
A group of 25 former Sheringham carnival queens relived their crowning glory last night (Friday) by attending this year's carnival queen selection evening.
The annual event, held at the town's Tyneside Club on Station Road, became a night of nostalgia as queens from the last 50 years turned up from around the county to celebrate.
Carnival chairman Stuart McClean said: 'Overall it was a wonderful event and I'm pleased about the gathering of the former queens. They really, really made the evening - it was fantastic.'
Sheringham resident Poppy Mabbitt was crowned this years queen and the 19-year-old will be joined by attendants Sophie Royle, 16, of Bodham, and Ashleigh Armstrong, 17, of Sheringham.
Mr McClean also thanked the Liza Wolfe band and their sponsors the Tyneside Club, Dee's Diner for donating the buffet and the town's mayor, Doug Smith.
You may also want to watch:
The next event organised by the carnival committee is a sixties and seventies fancy dress disco and music quiz at 7.30pm at Sheringham Social Club on June 15. There will be a prize for the best authentic look.
? Are you a former Sheringham Carnival queen? We would love to hear from you and see your photos from when you wore the crown. Contact Steve Downes on 01263 513920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue