Photo gallery: Roughton Primary School children celebrate friendship at pretend wedding
- Credit: Archant
A trip to Disneyland Paris a promise of chocolate cake and games everyday were some of the vows made by a young couple in a wedding with a difference today (Thursday).
The fake service at St Mary's Church, Roughton, was between Luke Everett, six, and Abigail Wilkins, seven, from St Mary's Primary School in the village.
It took six weeks to plan and every section of the ceremony - from the artwork on the order of service and plastic flower bouquets to the speeches, vows and wedding breakfast - was organised by children in the school.
Teacher Catherine Padgett, 27, from between Worstead and North Walsham, came up with the idea after the children kept asking her questions about her wedding on August 9 at Weston Park Golf Club, Weston Longville.
She said: 'It was put on to explain to the children what was happening in my life. I thought it would be a good way for them to understand the different aspects of weddings. We were all really nervous this morning but it has gone really well.
You may also want to watch:
'As a church school it is important they understand about marriage. It has really strengthened our relationship with the community.'
She added: 'It has been a bit hard planning two weddings.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 4 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 5 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
The bridal party was played by school pupils and included two ushers, six bridesmaids, a page boy, five flower girls, the mother and father of the bride, and an assistant priest.
Other pupils from the small school, parents and teachers watched the service, led by Rev John Smith, in which Luke and Abigail signed a friendship register.
Mr Smith it was important for the children to understand the concept of the Christian Church.