Photo gallery: Robert Downey Jr and Scarlett Johansson in Norwich? UEA transformed into set for new Avengers film
No photos please! Part of the University of East Anglia campus has been turned into a 'secret' movie location, with cast and crew filming part of what is thought to be the next Avengers film.
Robert Downey Jr is thought to have arrived by helicopter for the filming which is taking place throughout today at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.
Security is tight around the centre, but excited onlookers are being allowed to watch from a distance, providing their mobile phones and cameras are put away.
One sneaky student tried to snatch a few photos from a hall of residence - only for security to pay him a visit and make him delete his photos.
A giant green screen has been put up outside the centre, and this morning groups of actors dressed in blue were repeatedly filmed running backwards and forwards in front of screen.
You may also want to watch:
A large 'A' sign for the Avengers could also be seen on the Sainsbury Centre building which had four performance cars positioned outside.
Hollywood A-listers Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr and Samuel L Jackson are among the stars said to be in the Avengers: Age of Ultron cast according to film website IMDb.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
The Marvel Studios film – said to be scheduled for release next April – sees The Avengers reassemble to battle the sentient robot known as Ultron and is being directed by Joss Whedon, who also directed the first Avengers movie.
A UEA spokesman confirmed that the Sainsbury Centre had been booked out until the end of Friday but said they were unable to comment further.
However there are reports online of students being invited to audition last month for Afterparty, which is thought to be the code name for Avengers: Age of Ultron, and across the UEA campus there are currently orange signs directing people to 'AP Loc' and 'AP Techs,' and others directing people to 'crowd makeup and costume'.
Notices on the front of the Sainsbury Centre state the venue will be shut today due to a 'private booking' and that the centre's Modern Life Café has been closed since Monday and will reopen on Sunday.
Have you been involved in the filming of Avengers: Age of Ultron? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org