Photo gallery: Overstrand Boxing day swim
About 30 people gathered at Overstrand for an informal swim which helps to raise funds for the village playground.
Among them was Santa - alias local driving instructor Sylvia Anderson who said the water was cold despite wearing the full festive suit and wellies. 'It is the first time I have done it. It was great fun but cold and i have two boots full of sea water,' she said.
The suit had been worn on dry land just before Christmas, not for giving lessons, but for delivering presents.
Irishman Martin Cadogan also the braved the waters while visiting his partner's parents in the village, but was sporting a Christmas pudding woolly hat to keep at least part of him warm.
Bucket collection funds for the 'unorganised' swim go to the local Millennium playground.
You may also want to watch:
Millennium group chairman Bill Wallace said having first hatched the playground idea in 1997 and begun building it in 2005, the equipment still needed maintenance, and �1,200 a year in insurance.
The swim, a a barbecue on bonfire night and a summer Rockstock music event in the village were the main fundraisers for the year.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea