Photo gallery: More than 100 fitness fans get in the groove in Dereham for children’s cancer charity
- Credit: www.MichaelLyonsPhotography.co.uk
Scores of zumba enthusiasts shimmied the night away as they helped a marathon runner reach her fundraising target.
More than 100 people took part in a two-hour zumbathon on Friday evening at Dereham's Northgate High School to raise funds for Clic Sargent.
The event was organised by Dereham dance instructor Becky Henman who is running next month's Virgin London Marathon, together with her husband Matt Henman, in aid of the children's cancer charity.
More than £1,800 was raised on the night from ticket sales and a raffle - which means Mrs Henman has surpassed the amount she needed to raise for the cause.
Mrs Henman, 34, who runs Centre Stage dance school in Dereham and whose husband is Dereham Town Football Club's first team manager, said: 'It was a brilliant evening, there was a wonderful atmosphere and a really good vibe about it.
You may also want to watch:
'I greatly appreciate the support people gave to the zumbathon and we had some amazing raffle prizes.'
As previously reported, Mr and Mrs Henman were offered a chance to run the 26.2-mile event in aid of Clic Sargent with just 10 weeks to go.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
They plan to reach the finish line together.
To sponsor Becky visit www.justgiving.com/rebecca-henman or to sponsor Matt visit www.justgiving.com/matt-henman.