PHOTO GALLERY: Mankini and multi coloured shots feature at Great Yarmouth ScavOlympics
TEAMS of elite competitors balanced on bikes, post boxes and even each other to take part in Great Yarmouth's grand ScavOlympics - which even saw one brave soul don a lime green mankini in the spirit of the games.
With the Olympics in the capital, this year's summer scavenger hunt paid its own unique tribute to London 2012 and challenged contestants to take on 48 sporting trials, including posing in swimwear for one of the aquatic rounds and showing off their aerobic skills in the town centre.
The events started at Jesters Diner with the 100m food sprint in which teams had to eat five heart attack burgers, with one enthusiastic individual managing three to himself, before heading off to complete the oddball challenges.
And this year's antics even attracted an international team from Australia. They failed to snatch a podium position, however as they fell asleep due to the time difference and did not manage to upload their photographic evidence for judges on time.
The gold was taken by previous winners The Villans, who scooped a poker night at Grosvenor Casino and cupcakes from Harrisons Bakery, with the Justice League taking silver and Cool Runnings snatching the bronze.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Sam Osborne said the day had gone 'splendidly' and raised more than �400 for three local causes, including Great Yarmouth First Responders. She wished to thank all the teams who took part, everyone who bought raffle tickets and businesses who donated prizes.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom