Photo Gallery: Lowestoft’s Marina Theatre unveils stunning new look
IT'S a case of out with the old and in with the blue....
Lowestoft's biggest theatre re-opened today - and these exclusive pictures show the new decor on display at the new-look Marina Theatre.
With a new coffee shop and box office entrance unveiled at noon, we were given a sneak preview ahead of the first event to be held at the revamped venue as the world famous Royal Philharmonic Orchestra take centre stage tonight.
And just a couple of hours before the RPO - the Marina's resident orchestra - performed in concert, about 200 schoolchildren from across Lowestoft, Waveney and Great Yarmouth were not only the first to see the newly refurbished venue, but they also heard the top class musicians in rehearsal.
The main auditorium has been completely refurbished as part of a �250,000 project, which has been carried out in the past six weeks at the Edwardian venue.
You may also want to watch:
Behind the scenes teams of contractors, theatre staff and volunteers have been working around the clock to ensure it's all systems go this evening.
As well as the new colour scheme, which has struck gold with the amazing detail, new carpets, improved seating, major improvements to the theatre's technical areas and a new stage equipment loading facility have all been created.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
And today The Marina Theatre Trust, which took over the management of the 750-seat venue last December, also opened its new ground floor caf� and box office facility.
Theatre Chief Executive, Martin Halliday, who has been managing the project, admitted to being 'thrilled' with the completed works that have been delivered on schedule.
An open day - with free tours of the building - will be held tomorrow (Saturday) before the return of popular dance show Spirit Of The Dance on Sunday.
? To book seats for any Marina Theatre event, please call the box office on 01502 533200.