PHOTO GALLERY: Glandford’s gallery-eatery Art Cafe opens its doors
A trio of art and coffee enthusiasts from Fakenham celebrated the opening of their north Norfolk gallery-cafe in Glandford today.
The combined eatery and art exhibition space, on Blakeney Road, incorporates a display of more than 20 artists' work and a selection of food made with local produce.
Co-owner of Art Cafe, David Lane, said it was 'a dream come true' when the shop opened.
He added: 'It's been a passion and a long-term obsession of mine. I love coffee and we aim to keep Art Cafe a local enterprise.'
A former civil servant, Mr Lane joined forces with friends, married couple Marc and Roo Sangster-Bullers, to set up the cafe.
You may also want to watch:
Between them they have experience in the hospitality, arts and cultural sectors.
The teams plan to have a regular programme of changing exhibitions throughout the year and a series of intimate evening musical performances.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
There are also plans to hold an art and crafts course later in the year.
'It's a wonderful place on the Bayfield Estate and we have incorporated lots of quirky elements,' Mr Lane said.
'We've used reclaimed tables, have an oak wood counter and vibrant tea pots. It's really eclectic looking.'
The cafe boasts an array of meat and fish-free daily specials, gluten and diary-free products, and wines, local ales and ciders.
The team is currently using local suppliers, including Green Farm Estate Coffee Company, Pixie Hall's cakes, Donna's Finest Scones, Pointen's Dairy and Alison Yetman's chutney and marmalade.
? To view an online photo gallery of Art Cafe click the top right-hand corner of the webpage.