PHOTO GALLERY: Glamour takes centre stage at Yarmouth races ladies’ day
Race-goers were able to ditch umbrellas and wellies in favour of skyscraper heels and maxi dresses as the sun shone down at Great Yarmouth races on Tuesday.
Despite looming dark clouds, the rain held off and the sound of chinking glasses and chatter filled the stands as Ladies' Day got under way. Peplum dresses and floor-skimming maxi dresses were firm favourites among race-goers, who also chose to wear fuchsia pinks and plum purple shades teamed with patent heels and wedges.
Fascinators were the headwear of choice, with many women sporting clusters of feathers peppered with glitter.
Michelle Lappage and Paula Middleton from Norwich attended the races for their friend Rachel Scott's hen party.
Paula wore nude heels and a petrol black dress. 'It was our first time at the races. My shoes are by Kurt Geiger and my dress from a little boutique,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
Debbie and Steve Grogan from Sheffield went to the races during their week off work.
'It's our first time at Great Yarmouth races. We decided to take a few days off work. It was a great evening and the sun came out – it was lovely.' Steve said.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 8 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 9 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
Debbie wore a navy, blue and white dress with a large matching feather fascinator, which a friend custom-made for her.