Photo gallery: Fun run proves successful at Banham Zoo in south Norfolk
- Credit: Archant © 2013
Around 200 people took part in an unusual fun run in south Norfolk this evening, strutting their stuff amongst the animal enclosures of Banham Zoo.
It proved a busy night at the zoo, near Attleborough, with supporting family members and spectators being joined by many of the zoo's 2,000 animals.
The fun started with a one for children under the age of 13 at 6.30pm and concluded with a 5km course for adults and older children from 7.15pm.
Martin Dupee, operations director of the 50-acre park, said: 'It's been absolutely brilliant. We had just under 200 people take part, which was massively up on last year.
'The weather was fantastic and everyone got round. It's a bit unusual, as fun runs go, because your running past some of the world's wildest animals so the atmosphere has been absolutely fantastic.'
You may also want to watch:
The fun run was raising funds for conservation work of the Zoological Society of East Anglia, a charitable trust which manages Banham Zoo and Africa Alive, in Lowestoft.
Mr Dupee said he was not sure how much money had been raised yet but was pleased that so many people took part, adding: 'We had a few in costumes, I saw a tiger, a butterfly, some pigs going round and a Mexican, and we also had a few runners from local clubs as well, so it was really good.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 10 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
Share your photos and videos from the fun run at www.iwitness24.co.uk