Photo gallery: Flying start for unified annual show
- Credit: Archant
Planes, gliders, vintage cars and tractors of all shapes and sizes descended on the grounds of a Suffolk country estate for a spectacular annual show.
Halesworth Lions' Wings and Wheels united with Heveningham Hall's Country Fair to produce a weekend full of impressive flying displays, vintage cars and ring shows at Heveningham Hall.
And after the May 2012 Wings and Wheels show at Henham Park had to be cancelled due to heavy rainfall, two days of glorious sunshine attracted the crowds to the 18th-century estate.
With the Heveningham Hall Country Fair having been a popular fixture in the local calendar for 15 years, and by incorporating the Halesworth Lions Wings And Wheels festival, organisers said they were able to extend the entertainment to a two-day event. And all the planning paid off – as about 10,000 people converged on the grounds to enjoy the various events on display.
The headline act of the flying display was the Blades aerobatic display team, who showcased their soaraway skills over a weekend that saw more than 70 planes airborne.
You may also want to watch:
With falconry displays and arts and crafts stalls also featuring, there was something for everyone to enjoy.
Hall owner Lois Hunt described the two day show as 'excellent', paying tribute to Anne Clark, chairman of the County Fair Trust, John Hill, who organised the aviation, and to the volunteers for their help.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
'We were very lucky with the weather and it was a lovely event with a great atmosphere,' she added. 'We had a 10k run, won in 36 minutes, and raft racing on the lakes. There were lots for people to do and I'm sure everyone who came really enjoyed themselves.'