Photo gallery: Fakenham Fair celebrates town’s recovery
- Credit: Matthew Usher
As the procession moved through the marketplace it was a sign that life has gone on since the town's biggest fire in living memory.
Fakenham Fair showed the continued recovery from the blaze which gutted one of town's most recognisable buildings.
The fair, in its fifth year since relaunching, brought the town together with bikers, dancers and firemen all joining a parade which kicked it off.
Adrian Vertigan, chairman of Kick Start Fakenham which runs the fair, said: 'When we had the fire in May it did bring the town to a bit of a stop.
'Today is about celebrating Fakenham because there is a lot to celebrate in the town.
You may also want to watch:
'It really is a case of rising from the ashes.'
As well as the colourful and noisy parade there was a special performance by fire fighting rock band The Backdrafts to close the fair.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
Back in May the former Aldiss department store burnt down leaving businesses and residents without homes.
See tomorrow's EDP for more.