Photo Gallery: Crowds flock to Norwich Lanes’ summer fair
Thousands of people got a taste of what Norwich Lanes is all about when the traders hosted a hugely successful summer fair.
The event, part of the Lord Mayor's Celebrations, ran from 11am today , with organisers hailing it as a massive success.
The day of entertainment, shopping and fun promoted the independent shops which make up such a vital part of Norwich city centre.
St Benedicts Street was off limits to traffic and stalls were set up along the length of the street selling vintage clothes, handmade crafts, paintings, jewellery and plenty of tasty food.
Families enjoyed picnics in the churchyard of St Gregory's Church, with a vintage theme inside the church itself.
You may also want to watch:
There was also music on a stage on St Gregory's Green, along with poetry and story-telling, while shops in Upper St Giles Street were busy with shoppers checking out their wares.
Lauren Gregory, owner of The Birdcage pub, who was one of the organisers of the event, said she was delighted with the turnout.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 7 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 VIDEO: Cantwell missing as City prepare for Chelsea trip
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
She said: 'I organised last year's event and we want to built it up year by year, to see if we can go a step further with it. 'It's been excellent here today. It's so good to see so many people enjoying themselves. It's been a really good turnout.
'Hopefully the stall-holders will have benefited, the traders in the shops will have done well and even more people will have found out what the Norwich Lanes have to offer.'
• Make sure you get the Evening News tomorrow for a 12-page special packed with photographs from the Lord Mayor's Celebrations.