Photo Gallery: Car crashes into shop window in Downham Market
A man was taken to hospital after a car crashed into the front of a shop in Downham Market today.
A black Toyota Yaris smashed into the window of the Stock Shop, in Market Place, at around 12.30pm.
Police, fire and ambulance crews raced to the scene, opposite the town clock, and were joined shortly after by an air ambulance crew who landed on the Howdale.
Police officers then put a road diversion in place taking cars, vans and lorries away from the road which goes right through the heart of the town.
An eye witness has said the car hit the shop and 'bounced back into the road' and the emergency services arrived quickly at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the vehicle, who is in his 60s, had to be released from the vehicle by firefighters from Downham Market, King's Lynn and Outwell using hydraulic rescue equipment.
He was then treated at the scene for the injuries he received in the crash and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with chest pains.
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 6 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 7 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 10 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead