Photo Gallery: Car crashes into shop window in Downham Market
A man was taken to hospital after a car crashed into the front of a shop in Downham Market today.
A black Toyota Yaris smashed into the window of the Stock Shop, in Market Place, at around 12.30pm.
Police, fire and ambulance crews raced to the scene, opposite the town clock, and were joined shortly after by an air ambulance crew who landed on the Howdale.
Police officers then put a road diversion in place taking cars, vans and lorries away from the road which goes right through the heart of the town.
An eye witness has said the car hit the shop and 'bounced back into the road' and the emergency services arrived quickly at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the vehicle, who is in his 60s, had to be released from the vehicle by firefighters from Downham Market, King's Lynn and Outwell using hydraulic rescue equipment.
He was then treated at the scene for the injuries he received in the crash and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with chest pains.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy