Photo Gallery: Car crashes into shop window in Downham Market
A man was taken to hospital after a car crashed into the front of a shop in Downham Market today.
A black Toyota Yaris smashed into the window of the Stock Shop, in Market Place, at around 12.30pm.
Police, fire and ambulance crews raced to the scene, opposite the town clock, and were joined shortly after by an air ambulance crew who landed on the Howdale.
Police officers then put a road diversion in place taking cars, vans and lorries away from the road which goes right through the heart of the town.
An eye witness has said the car hit the shop and 'bounced back into the road' and the emergency services arrived quickly at the scene.
The driver of the vehicle, who is in his 60s, had to be released from the vehicle by firefighters from Downham Market, King's Lynn and Outwell using hydraulic rescue equipment.
He was then treated at the scene for the injuries he received in the crash and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with chest pains.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 10 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant