Photo gallery: Beach volleyball tournament on Great Yarmouth beach
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
A foggy Great Yarmouth seafront was the venue for some top-class beach volleyball yesterday.
The Volleyball England Beach Tour is continuing beside Britannia Pier today, and is being televised on Sky Sports.
It is the eighth year that England's elite beach volleyball players have competed on Central Beach.
The free-to-watch event, organised by Great Yarmouth Borough Council and Volleyball England, sees teams battle it out on the sand, with the key showdowns held in a purpose-built grandstand.
The tour is staged at five different beach locations around England's coastline, culminating with the finals in Margate, Kent, to decide who will be crowned National Beach Volleyball Champions of 2013.
You may also want to watch:
After the event, the action in Great Yarmouth will be screened on Sky Sports 4 and Sky Sports 4 HD, on Wednesday, August 21, between 9pm and 11pm, with repeats the following day (Thursday, August 22) from 4am to 6am, 11am to 1pm, and 3pm to 5pm.
To see the action today, head to the beach by Britannia Pier - no tickets are needed and entry is free.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
To find out more about the tour and opportunities to get involved with volleyball in your area, visit www.volleyballengland.org and www.gospike.net.