PHOTO GALLERIES: Footballing youngsters go for goal at Aviva Summer Cup in Norwich
Soccer mad youngsters took part in a festival of football in Norwich at the weekend. with more than 170 teams competing in the Aviva Summer Cup.
Youngsters took to the pitches at Redmayne Playing Fields, near Norwich Rugby Club in North Walsham Road, on Saturday and Sunday, for the event.
A sun-drenched Saturday was followed by a much damper Sunday, but thanks to hard work from staff, players, managers and spectators, the youngsters still got to show off their soccer skills despite the rain.
The winners of each age group were: Under nines – Wymondham Town Utd; Under 10s – Lakeford Rangers; Under 11s – Sprowston Lads, Under 12s – Dereham Town Reds; Under 13s – Gorleston Rangers Eagles.
The winners of the highest scoring team competition, sponsored by Garfield Catering, were Costessey Sports Under eights with 29 goals.
You may also want to watch:
Don't miss today's EDP for an eight page pullout, including more pictures from the event, which was organised by the Community Sports Foundation.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith