Photo Essay: Explore the tropical canopy of the Urban Jungle
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
With the summer well underway and many looking forward to jet setting off to a tropical location to relax in the sun with a drink under a palm tree, you may not realise that this can be found closer to Norwich.
In Old Costessey the Urban Jungle plant nursery has a large range of bright, colourful tropical plants on sale which creators Malcolm and Elizabeth Browne say is the antidote to the traditional garden centre.
Located at the heart of the centre, surrounded by the lush greenery in the tropical glasshouse is the Urban Jungle Cafe.
Visitors can enjoy a range of gluten-free treats with fair-trade cakes, pies and coffees being served up while you indulge yourself in the scenery.
The nursery is clean to the environment by not using chemical pesticides and only using organic fertilizers.
You may also want to watch:
Photographer Denise Bradley went deep into the undergrowth to explore the Urban Jungle.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online