PHOTO ESSAY: The Attleborough workers keeping the town connected
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
The streets of Attleborough may be quieter than usual but behind some of those closed doors is an army of workers, busier than ever, keeping businesses going in the present lockdown.
Phone and internet sales, orders and deliveries, installations and services are still carrying on despite the deserted stores.
There are also those shops, open to one customer at a time, with queue lines and social distancing the norm, where customers can buy and chat (though not for long), getting their fresh food.
The town appears quiet and still, but the swan is paddling hard out of sight. Extra services have appeared, with Rosedale Funeral Home starting up a Grief Chatline on their website, for those struggling with the present crisis, isolation, and maybe family members they cannot visit in hospital.
Tony Perkins butchers have teamed up with Tim Cobb at the bakery, and a greengrocers to deliver fresh food. Nuts ‘N’ Bolts have a social distancing system for collections at the rear of their premises and are also delivering. The dustmen are overwhelmed to receive many thank yous, some as pictures painted by children, and want to thank the residents for their support.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Howes of Cranks is a bike mechanic for keyworkers and Attleborough Academy staff are teaching keyworker’s children, and also are making face masks for the NHS. So despite the present lockdown Attleborough is still open for business.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council