Photo: Did Anne Boleyn make a ghostly appearance at Blickling?
- Credit: Tracy Morris
A photograph taken at Blickling Hall on the anniversary of Anne Boleyn's death appears to show some ghostly goings-on.
Henry VIII's ill-fated queen is said to return to Blickling, her childhood home and possible birthplace, at midnight every May 19, the anniversary of her execution.
Legend has it that her headless ghost arrives at Blickling in a carriage driven by an equally headless coachman. But she hasn't lost her head completely in the afterlife - she carries it along with her during her hauntings. It is said she roams the hall's corridors until daybreak when she disappears.
And a photograph taken by keen photographer Tracy Morris, 40, from North Walsham in the early hours just after midnight appears to some paranormal activity.
The National Trust, who own Blickling Hall, arrange events to mark the fateful anniversary every year.
You may also want to watch:
This year The Diggers costumed re-enactment group were at the hall and visitors were also allowed to stay in the grounds into the night to see if they could spot the famous Royal come past.
Ms Morris, who was at the hall with her daughter and partner, visits the hall often and is fascinated by the Anne Boleyn legend.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 Local pub splashes back into action
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 7 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town
On the night she took around 40 pictures of the hall on her Nikon D3200 camera, but only one came out showing the white lines, and that was taken at exactly 12.18am.
She said: 'I have shown the picture to several people, including those at Blickling and the reckon it does show some kind of paranormal activity.'