Phone lines and power supply reconnected at Norfolk County Council following fire
- Credit: Archant
Phone lines at Norfolk County Council have been restored following a fire and suspected power surge.
Staff had to be evacuated from County Hall on Martineau Lane in Norwich after a small electrical fire broke out yesterday morning.
A council spokesman said services were continuing to be restored today, but added power supplies and phone service had been reconnected.
'Engineers will continue working to restore the full range of IT systems, including Norfolk County Council's public website, over the weekend,' the spokesman said.
'The council apologises for the inconvenience caused by the disruption to normal services.
You may also want to watch:
'We continue to ask people only to contact Norfolk County Council in an emergency while the work to restore services continues.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 8 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham