Petition set up calling for covered terrace outside Norwich Playhouse’s bar to be made smoke free
- Credit: Archant
A petition has been set up calling for a covered terrace in Norwich Playhouse bar's garden area to be made smoke free.
The online petition, set up by Henry Bull, states: 'The Norwich Playhouse Bar has a covered terrace that [is] directly outside the bar. It also has many covered tables and a marquee within the garden. I'm petitioning for the area directly outside the bar to be smoke free as there are plenty of other spaces for the smokers to sit further away from the bar doors.'
So far more than 60 people have signed the petition.
Caz Slota, from Norwich Playhouse, said the theatre was aware of the petition and had spoken to Mr Bull about the issue.
She said: 'We are always glad to have feedback about the bar space and the theatre in general, so thanks to Mr Bull for bringing this to our attention. However at the moment it is not practical for us to change it (the set up in the bar's outdoor area).'
You may also want to watch:
She said the marquee was only used in the winter months and that the parasols are not permanently in use because, especially when it is windy, they are not an effective cover.
She explained: 'We do not have a huge amount of outdoor space and in the summer the only covered area is the verandah near to the bar...We understand that it can be inconvenient for people that want to be outside and do not like smoke, but we have got a lot of extra space inside and if it is not raining there is plenty of garden space for everybody.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 10 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
'It is unfortunately not practical for us to change it in that way [suggested by Mr Bull] but we have got back to him and spoken to him directly.'