Petition set up calling for covered terrace outside Norwich Playhouse’s bar to be made smoke free
- Credit: Archant
A petition has been set up calling for a covered terrace in Norwich Playhouse bar's garden area to be made smoke free.
The online petition, set up by Henry Bull, states: 'The Norwich Playhouse Bar has a covered terrace that [is] directly outside the bar. It also has many covered tables and a marquee within the garden. I'm petitioning for the area directly outside the bar to be smoke free as there are plenty of other spaces for the smokers to sit further away from the bar doors.'
So far more than 60 people have signed the petition.
Caz Slota, from Norwich Playhouse, said the theatre was aware of the petition and had spoken to Mr Bull about the issue.
She said: 'We are always glad to have feedback about the bar space and the theatre in general, so thanks to Mr Bull for bringing this to our attention. However at the moment it is not practical for us to change it (the set up in the bar's outdoor area).'
You may also want to watch:
She said the marquee was only used in the winter months and that the parasols are not permanently in use because, especially when it is windy, they are not an effective cover.
She explained: 'We do not have a huge amount of outdoor space and in the summer the only covered area is the verandah near to the bar...We understand that it can be inconvenient for people that want to be outside and do not like smoke, but we have got a lot of extra space inside and if it is not raining there is plenty of garden space for everybody.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
'It is unfortunately not practical for us to change it in that way [suggested by Mr Bull] but we have got back to him and spoken to him directly.'