Petition launched to save popular hospital coffee shop
- Credit: NNUH
As the future of a popular Norwich coffee shop hangs in the balance, customers have taken matters into their own hands in an effort to save the business.
Café Pure, a food outlet at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, is currently awaiting a decision on whether they can remain in service.
MORE: Future of popular hospital café in doubtThe outlet currently operates at the NNUH under an agreement granted by WHSmith which is due to expire in April 2018.
The business was offered a term of six years and nine months at the hospital, whilst WHSmith has a lease on the space they share until 2032.
In attempt to help save the cafe, loyal customers have created an online petition to prove how much it is valued.
The petition reads: 'We all know and love Café Pure and the delight it brings to our working days at the NNUH. Please sign this petition if you cannot bear the thought of Café Pure being replaced. Save those salted caramel brownies!'
MORE: Norwich café opens second location in citySo far more than 700 signatures have been collected, with over 300 comments.
You may also want to watch:
James L wrote: 'The best food and coffee at the NNUH, would be such a shame to lose it.'
Lisa Osborne added: 'Great place, used a lot during my family's stay at the hospital over the years.'
- 1 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
A spokesman for Café Pure said: 'We have some pretty amazing customers! Thank you for all the support.'