Petition launched to save popular hospital coffee shop
- Credit: NNUH
As the future of a popular Norwich coffee shop hangs in the balance, customers have taken matters into their own hands in an effort to save the business.
Café Pure, a food outlet at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, is currently awaiting a decision on whether they can remain in service.
MORE: Future of popular hospital café in doubtThe outlet currently operates at the NNUH under an agreement granted by WHSmith which is due to expire in April 2018.
The business was offered a term of six years and nine months at the hospital, whilst WHSmith has a lease on the space they share until 2032.
In attempt to help save the cafe, loyal customers have created an online petition to prove how much it is valued.
The petition reads: 'We all know and love Café Pure and the delight it brings to our working days at the NNUH. Please sign this petition if you cannot bear the thought of Café Pure being replaced. Save those salted caramel brownies!'
MORE: Norwich café opens second location in citySo far more than 700 signatures have been collected, with over 300 comments.
James L wrote: 'The best food and coffee at the NNUH, would be such a shame to lose it.'
Lisa Osborne added: 'Great place, used a lot during my family's stay at the hospital over the years.'
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
A spokesman for Café Pure said: 'We have some pretty amazing customers! Thank you for all the support.'