Lowestoft woman praised by Peter Andre for helping others lose weight
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft woman has been congratulated by Peter Andre at a recent awards ceremony after helping many people change their lives and lose weight.
Joanna Britton, who manages Slimming World groups in Lowestoft, met the Australian singer and TV presenter during the annual Slimming World Awards.
Ms Britton said: 'I couldn't be prouder of the members in Lowestoft.
'Throughout 2017 they have lost fantastic amounts of weight, with many of them hitting their target weights, improving their health and boosting their confidence.
'It's so rewarding to see people being able to do things that they didn't think were possible before losing weight, whether that's having more energy, feeling happier, wearing smaller clothes, taking up new hobbies, reducing medication or doing more with their family and friends.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Every week I feel extremely lucky to play even a small part in people's achievements.'
The manager described 'cuddling up' to the Mysterious Girl singer as a 'real treat'.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
Ms Britton said: 'He was bowled over by the difference Slimming World makes to people's lives and it reminded me what an important and privileged role I have.
'Lots of people will be making resolutions to lose weight and improve their health this New Year.
'Now I'm heading into 2018 super motivated to support even more people in Lowestoft to be inspired to lose weight and lead healthier and happier lives.'
Mr Andre praised the work done by Swimming World. He said: 'I met so many incredible people who had lost amazing amounts of weight and transformed themselves – inside and out.
'Every one of them spoke passionately about how they couldn't have made the changes they had to eat more healthily and become more active without the support, advice and encouragement of their consultant and group every week.'
For more information on how to find your nearest weight loss group visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk or call 0344 897 800.