Person trapped after crash involving car and lorry
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital after being trapped in her car following a serious crash on an industrial estate.
Emergency services are at the scene of the crash between a car and a lorry outside Michaels Mowers Ltd on Potash Lane in Eye after they were called at around 11am.
The woman, who was freed from her car by the fire service, is understood to have suffered serious injuries.
Suffolk Police have shut the road at the junction with the B1077 and the road is likely to remain closed for some time.
Two Suffolk Fire and Rescue crews from Debenham and Stradbroke are in attendance along with a Norfolk Fire and Rescue crew from Diss.
The ambulance service and the air ambulance were also on scene.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: 'We were called at 11.07am with reports of a collision in Potash Lane, Eye.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 8 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
'We sent one ambulance, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance. A woman was flown to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment.'