Person trapped after crash involving car and lorry
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital after being trapped in her car following a serious crash on an industrial estate.
Emergency services are at the scene of the crash between a car and a lorry outside Michaels Mowers Ltd on Potash Lane in Eye after they were called at around 11am.
The woman, who was freed from her car by the fire service, is understood to have suffered serious injuries.
Suffolk Police have shut the road at the junction with the B1077 and the road is likely to remain closed for some time.
Two Suffolk Fire and Rescue crews from Debenham and Stradbroke are in attendance along with a Norfolk Fire and Rescue crew from Diss.
You may also want to watch:
The ambulance service and the air ambulance were also on scene.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: 'We were called at 11.07am with reports of a collision in Potash Lane, Eye.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
'We sent one ambulance, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance. A woman was flown to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment.'