Person trapped after crash involving car and lorry
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital after being trapped in her car following a serious crash on an industrial estate.
Emergency services are at the scene of the crash between a car and a lorry outside Michaels Mowers Ltd on Potash Lane in Eye after they were called at around 11am.
The woman, who was freed from her car by the fire service, is understood to have suffered serious injuries.
Suffolk Police have shut the road at the junction with the B1077 and the road is likely to remain closed for some time.
Two Suffolk Fire and Rescue crews from Debenham and Stradbroke are in attendance along with a Norfolk Fire and Rescue crew from Diss.
You may also want to watch:
The ambulance service and the air ambulance were also on scene.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: 'We were called at 11.07am with reports of a collision in Potash Lane, Eye.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 6 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 9 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 10 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
'We sent one ambulance, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance. A woman was flown to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment.'