Person rescued from fire in Norwich house this morning

Appleyard Crescent in Norwich

Appleyard Crescent in Norwich - Credit: Archant

A man has been taken to hospital with smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in the bedroom of a house in Norwich.

Three appliances from Sprowston, Carrow and Earlham were called to reports of a fire at a home on Appleyard Crescent shortly before 5am.

Police and ambulance also attended the fire which is thought to have broken out after a candle ignited a curtain in the upstairs bedroom of the semi-detached property.

A spokesman for Norfolk police said a male was taken to hospital for the effects of smoke inhalation although his condition is not thought to be serious.

The fire was extinguished with hose reel jets and main jets.