Train services disrupted after person hit by train
- Credit: Archant
Trains between Norwich and London Liverpool Street are disrupted after a person was hit by a train.
The incident took place this morning (November 7) between Colchester and Ipswich.
A message on the Greater Anglia website said: "Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until further notice.
"Train services between Liverpool Street and Colchester, Manningtree, Harwich Town, Ipswich and Norwich are being disrupted due to a person hit by a train.
"As a result we are unable to run between Ipswich and Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
"Train services from Liverpool Street going towards Manningtree will terminate and start from Colchester.
"Train services from Norwich and Harwich Town towards Colchester will terminate and start from Manningtree or Ipswich.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
"Rail replacement bus services are being sourced to operate between Ipswich, Manningtree and Colchester.
"Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption."
The rail operator said emergency services were aware of the incident and were en-route to the scene.
For updates visit www.journeycheck.com/greateranglia/