Person dies after being hit by train in Norwich
- Credit: Phil Mottershead
Police have confirmed a person has died after being hit by a train in Norwich.
Emergency services were called to the line, close to the Sandy Lane bridge in the city, just before 2.30pm on Monday after reports a person had been struck by a train.
The person was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for British Transport Police said: 'Officers will now work to identify the person and inform their family and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
'The incident is not being treated as suspicious.'
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident the line between Norwich and Diss was blocked for a period of time and services were cancelled. The line has now reopened but disruption is expected to continue until 7pm whilst Greater Anglia work to restores services.
The 6.10pm Liverpool Street to Norwich was among services cancelled.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies