All lines blocked after person hit by a train at depot just outside Norwich
PUBLISHED: 08:27 05 January 2018 | UPDATED: 09:00 05 January 2018
Copyright Archant Norfolk 2015
A person has been hit by a train in Norfolk this morning.
It happened at the Crown Point Depot, just outside Norwich, at around 7am.
A number of trains have been cancelled over the coming hours. These include:
• 7.15am Norwich to Sheringham, due 8.06am.
• 7.36am Norwich to Great Yarmouth, due 8.12am.
• 7.40am Norwich to London Liverpool Street, due 9.24am.
• 7.55am Norwich to Lowestoft, due 8.41am.
• 8.17amam Great Yarmouth to Norwich, due 8.50am.
• 8.22am Sheringham to Norwich, due 9.23am.
• 8.50am Lowestoft to Norwich, due 9.35am.
• 10am London Liverpool Street to Norwich, due 11.50am.
Greater Anglia tweeted: “Due to a person being hit by a train between Norwich and Brundall all lines are blocked. All trains have been stopped between Norwich and Sheringham, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft whilst the emergency services attend to the incident.”
A rail replacement bus service has been arranged, and tickets are being accepted on other bus services.
Valid ticket holders can use the First Bus X1 and X2 service (Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft), and for journies between Norwich and Sheringham tickets will be accepted on Sanders services 44, 55, 6 and 6.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.