Person dies after being hit by train near Ely
- Credit: Archant
A person has died after being struck by a train near Ely today.
British Transport Police say they were called to Milton Fen level crossing, in Cambridgeshire, at 10.40am today after reports that a person was struck by a train.
A spokesman said: 'Colleagues from the ambulance service also attended the scene where sadly a person was pronounced dead.
'Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.'
The spokesman added: 'This incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 5 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate