Person dies after being hit by train near Ely
- Credit: Archant
A person has died after being struck by a train near Ely today.
British Transport Police say they were called to Milton Fen level crossing, in Cambridgeshire, at 10.40am today after reports that a person was struck by a train.
A spokesman said: 'Colleagues from the ambulance service also attended the scene where sadly a person was pronounced dead.
'Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.'
The spokesman added: 'This incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success