Person dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A person has died after being hit by a train on the Norwich to Ipswich line.
The person was struck at Needham Market station and was pronounced dead at the scene, British Transport Police (BTP) confirmed.
A BTP spokesman said: 'Officers were called to Needham Market Station at 12.45pm today after reports that a person had been struck by a train.
'Colleagues from the ambulance service also attended but sadly a person was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
'This incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.'
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia has said train services to and from these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes. Disruption is expected until further 7pm.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17