Person dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A person has been killed after being hit by a train on the Cambridge to Ely line.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) were called to the line close to Waterbeach just after 4.00pm on Thursday after reports that a person had been struck by a train.
The ambulance service was also in attendance and the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
BTP confirmed the incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
Greater Anglia confirmed all lines were blocked after the incident with disruption continuing until 7.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: 'Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected by this disruption.'
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers