Railway lines reopen after person was hit by train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Some trains to and from Norwich were cancelled or delayed this evening (Saturday) after a person was hit on tracks between Colchester and Manningtree.
Operator Greater Anglia said all lines running through the two stations were blocked, with disruption expected until around 11pm.
But lines actually reopened around 6.30pm.
A number of services were already affected, including:
• The 4pm Norwich to Ingatestone was terminated at Manningtree.
You may also want to watch:
• The 4.48pm Colchester to Norwich will be terminated at Manningtree.
• The 5pm Norwich to Ingatestone will be terminated at Ipswich.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
And replacement buses were put in place.