Person escapes bungalow fire in early hours
- Credit: Archant
A person escaped a bungalow on fire in the early hours of the morning.
Firefighters spent almost two hours tackling the blaze at a property in Watton early this morning (Monday, August 19) after being alerted at 1.14am.
Appliances from Watton, Hingham, Dereham, East Harling and a aerial ladder platform from Kings Lynn were called to the scene of the blaze on, described as a building fire, on Hamilton Close.
Crews used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the flames whilst wearing breathing apparatus, and checked for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.
A spokesperson for the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Somebody lived there but they left the property."
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters left the incident by 3.12am and officers from Norfolk Police were also in attendance.
But the spokesperson said there were no injuries and "no suggestion" the fire had been deliberately started.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list