People of all ages get creative at The Big Draw event in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Armed with their pencils and easels, people of all ages have been getting creative and taking part in The Big Draw event in Norwich.
The free event, which started today and continues tomorrow, has been organised by the Norwich 20 Group and it is part of the Makers' Month festival which is taking place at The Forum throughout February with a different theme each week.
All day today models posed in various costumes for passers by to have a go at sketching.
Jayne Evans, The Forum's events and partnerships manager and the organiser of Makers' Month, said she was delighted with how many people got involved.
'The Big Draw is actually a country-wide campaign to get people involved in art and make it as accessible to as many people as possible,' she said.
'We had so many people take part in The Big Draw event at The Forum today, at least a couple of hundred people having a go.'
The Big Draw is one of a number of activities that have been taking place for the pencil and paint-themed week of Makers' Month.
- 1 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 2 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 5 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 8 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 9 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 10 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
Throughout February The Forum is hosting an array of craft-makers who are demonstrating their skills and also giving people the chance to have a go at their crafts.
The previous two weeks had the themes of yarn and fabric, and next week the theme will be paper and print.
Visitors to The Forum can take part in activities each day and also look at a gallery of work that has been created throughout the month.
The Big Draw event continues today at The Forum from 10am until 4pm. It is a free event that is open to everybody.
For more information about this and other events taking place for Makers' Month, visit www.theforumnorwich.co.uk