Christmas spirit shown at Thetford parkrun
- Credit: Archant
The spirit of Christmas was on show at the Thetford parkrun.
Santa and Rudolph, elves and an array of Christmas jumpers and dresses were some of the many outfits worn by the runners and walkers.
The Saturday morning event was kicked-off with festive music provided by the Bury St Edmunds Concert Band Runners before the 176 participants took on the 5km course around Abbey Meadows.
Melanie Sturman, Thetford parkrun director, said 2017 has been a success.
'It has gone really well ,' she said. 'What we have seen this year is an increase in families. We anticipate with our Christmas Day and New Year's Day events this will be our fourth year that we have done 54 events.'
You may also want to watch:
A Thetford parkrun attendance record of 257 was also set this year.
A parkrun will be held at 9am on Christmas Day and New Years day. All are welcome.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting